When you are injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver, you have the right to hire an attorney to represent you in the process of filing your claim. The benefits are having an attorney to advocate you are huge.
Your attorney will:
- Deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Properly calculate the value of your claim.
- Investigate the accident and gather all necessary evidence to prove your case.
- Establish liability of the other driver.
- Help negotiate a favorable settlement for your claim or represent you in a trial in an effort to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
As a law firm for car accident victims, we see the importance of having experienced legal counsel. Our attorneys will help make sure your medical bills are paid, your case is filed properly, and that you are compensated fairly for your injuries. At Matthew G. Miller, we treat every client like they are our only client.
Why Attorneys Are Useful In Nebraska Car Accident Cases
Some car accident victims decide to go it alone without the aid of an attorney. What they often fail to realize is that the insurance company treats accident victims differently depending on whether or not they have an attorney.
When you are represented by counsel in your car accident case you will have the following benefits:
- The insurance company cannot call you for a statement and use it against you in your case without your attorney present. In fact, the insurance company will be barred from contacting you directly.
- The insurance company cannot unfairly deny or delay your claim in the hopes that you will become frustrated with the process. Your attorney will make sure that you are always one step ahead of the insurance company.
- The best chances of getting the most favorable outcome in your car accident case. Many insurance companies decide how much someone will recover based on whether or not their lawyer actually picks juries and tries cases to a verdict. Hire an attorney who the insurance companies know for routinely taking cases to trial.
While the choice is ultimately up to you, there are many reasons why hiring an attorney can make a big impact on your car accident case.
How Attorneys Are Compensated
Many personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay for an attorney unless your claim is successful.
At Matthew G. Miller, covers all costs and fees up front and we do not charge for the initial consultation. Case costs and attorneys fees are paid after the conclusion of your case, from the settlement or jury award. If you do not make a recovery in your case, you pay us nothing. This compensation structure is standard across the legal industry. If you have any questions about attorney compensation, feel free to schedule an initial consultation where we explain the personal injury legal process.
Call Matthew G. Miller Today
If you were injured in a car accident in Nebraska, you need quality legal representation for your claim. Even if your case does not reach the trial phase, you still need an attorney to prepare your evidence and negotiate with the insurance company.
Matthew G. Miller is highly experienced in handling car accident claims for injured Nebraskans. Most of our clients are dealing with life changing injuries, and all of our clients have had something horrible happen to them. We’ve dedicated our careers to helping our clients who have entrusted us with helping them put their lives back together after catastrophe.
When we say we care about our clients, it isn’t just lip service. We are dedicated to getting you the best possible outcome for your case. We invite you to get to know us here and read what our clients have to say about us here.
Matthew G. Miller serves clients throughout Eastern Nebraska and parts of Western Iowa including Douglas County, Sarpy County, Lancaster County, and Pottawattamie County, as well as the cities of Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue, Papillion, Fremont, Blair, Elkhorn, and Council Bluffs.